This App achieved an ORCHA score of 65%.
It was assessed as a Level 1 App. These apps are focussed on general wellbeing but they can collect data and they are likely to have a number of more advanced features. Because they are not health focussed we only assess their compliance in the Data and Security and User Experience domains.
This App does collect data and it is therefore assessed and scored based on its performance in all the sections of our review.
Caynax HIIT - free high intensity interval training timer for workouts like tabata, cardio etc.
Have You ever wanted to burn body fat and get perfect abs?
Try interval workout to burn belly fat and then Caynax Aerobic Weider Six (A6W) app to form perfect 6 pack.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training, is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 9–20 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
HIIT session consists of a warm up period of exercise, followed by six to ten repetitions of high intensity exercise, separated by medium intensity exercise, and ending with a period of cool down exercise. The high intensity exercise should be done at near maximum intensity. The medium exercise should be about 50% intensity. The number of repetitions and length of each depends on the exercise. The goal is to do at least six cycles, and to have the entire HIIT session last at least fifteen minutes and not more than twenty.
There is no specific formula to HIIT. Depending on your level cardiovascular development, the moderate-level intensity can be as slow as walking.
The original protocol set a 2:1 ratio of work to recovery periods, for example, 30–40 seconds of hard sprinting alternated with 15–20 seconds of jogging or walking.
HIIT is considered to be an excellent way to maximize a workout that is limited on time.
Because of exercise intensity this type of workout is not intended for everyone. You should consult:
- health doctor to determine if You are capable to perform such exercises
- professional trainer to create workout schedule for You.
You can use this app for workouts like: Tabata, Fartlek, Kettlebell, jumping ropes, meditation, yoga and other fitness workouts that could use timer.
- Enhanced timer
- multi view /multi window support
- Workout schedule for next 30 days
- Workout reminder
- Option to change workout time for calendar days
- Workouts list with option to create, delete and edit workouts
- Workout schedule for whole week
- Voice feedback - TTS countdown with option to edit spoken texts (PRO only) - You might need additional TTS software like IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ.
- Beeps countdown with option to use built-in beeps or set any sound (PRO only)
- Countdown: every second, every 'n-th' second, first 'n' seconds, last 'n' seconds, remaining last 'n' seconds (some option available only in PRO version)
- TTS/Beep information about workout stage
- Rewind backward and forward (PRO only)
- Built-in sample workout for Tabata na Fartlek.
- READ_PHONE_STATE - used to detect incoming phone call and pause workout. Ad networks use device ID number (that is hashed using SHA-1 algorithm) to identify users.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to start reminder service after phone start.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads, crash reports.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore workouts list.
- WAKE_LOCK - to ensure that workout works when screen is off.
We have identified that this App provides the following key features
The App provides general information or guidance
Alerts And Notifications
The App provides alerts and notifications relevant to its area of focus
Social Support Networks
The App has its own or provides access to social networks relevant to its area of focus
The App allows users to share information in the App with others or other Apps/Systems
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
This review area looks at what information an App collects from users, what it does with that information and how secure is its handling of that data. For some Apps this is only a minor issue as they don’t gather much information. Other Apps can gather lots of very personal and sensitive information and for these it is important to know how they go about handling this.
The data collected about users isn't capable of identifying that it relates to you
The type of data that it collects isn't classified as sensitive data.
The App does state that it won't share user data in any way with other people without the user's consent.
The App doesn't allow users to share information in the App with other Apps, systems, organisations or users.
The App does encrypt the information it collects to make it safe from other people as it is transferred from the App.
The App does encrypt the information it collects to make it safe from other people as it is retained by the the developer.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
This Review Area looks at how an App has been designed to support the overall user experience. This includes its availability on both primary platforms, how customisable the App is, how well it caters for end users with different capabilities and needs – such as visual or other impairments – how content is managed, how well supported the App is and what it costs. This area also looks at overall User Review scores from both platforms.
It wasn'tclear from our review that the App had been through end user testing as part of its design and development.
The App does provide customisable features.
End user capacity
The App does provide support for users with poor sight.
The App does provide support for users with hearing difficulties.
The App doesn't appear to have a clear approach to dealing with user issues.
The App isn't entirely free to use.